Notice: Undefined index: athome in /home/dannyabril8573/public_html/ on line 179

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/dannyabril8573/public_html/ on line 179

Which lighting source is the best? LED Lighting = Less Heat & More Light

Incandescent light bulb

Standard Light Bulbs, also known as incandescent, create light by passing electricity through a metal filament, when the filament becomes hot enough it glows.

Incandescent bulbs give off about 90% of the energy they consume in the form of heat, leaving only 10% used to produce light. This equates to about 85 BTUs/hour.

The average lifespan of an incandescent bulb is between 750 to 2500 hours.

Fluorescent bulb

CFL Light Bulbs, also known as Compact Fluorescent Lighting, creates light by passing electricity through a tube containing gases. This reaction produces ultraviolet light that is transformed into visible light by the phosphor coating inside the tune. CFLs use approximately 50 to 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last 10 times as long. They also run 75% cooler.

CFL bulbs contain mercury, which is considered a toxic metal. While present in small amounts, burned out or broken bulbs must be treated as hazardous waste material when disposed of.

Led light bulb

LED Lighting stands for Light Emitting Diodes. LEDs are small light sources that become illuminated by the movement of electrons through a semiconductor material.

LEDs are cool to the touch and 90% of the energy they consume is given off in the form of light, with less than 10% given off as heat. They use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs.

LEDs are rated to last between 35,000-50,000 hours, which is at least 20 times that of an incandescent bulb. LEDs, however, don't "burn out" as an incandescent or CFL bulb would. The lifetime of an SSL lamp is generally considered to be the point where the light output has declined to 70% of its initial output, measured in lumens. So instead of burning out after 35,000 hours, the bulb will only be slightly dimmer.

Copyright © 2013 Led Plus. All rights reserved
Powered by AntiqueLogic